As the holder of an interdistrict or intradistrict permit, it is very important that you abide by the following guidelines:
- avoid excessive attendance issues (absences and tardies)
- support your student’s academic endeavor
- remind your student to follow school rules as described in the school handbook
ABCUSD may revoke a permit at any time for one or more of the following reasons:
- a change in the situation for which the permit was issued
- excessive attendance issues
- poor academic effort or academic record
- student fails to obey school rules and regulations
- class or school over enrollment
Note: Serious or major infractions and violation of Ed.Code Section 48900 and/or 48915 (suspension, expulsion) will lead to an immediate revoke of the permit. Under no circumstances will students on permits be referred to the district’s Student Evaluation Committee.
You may speak with your child’s teacher if you would like to discuss current progress, or you may also schedule a meeting with the principal if you have specific questions.
Parents will be provided with a final decision in July regarding remittance to Niemes for the next school year.